Ocala, Marion County of FloridaPast
Florida International and Semi Tropical Expo Ocala 1889
Now & Then Fade with some History
[from a publication]
Going back to 1889, to The Florida International and Semi Tropical Expo, which was in Ocala, Marion County, at 520 SW Broadway Street.
From an illustration from The Semi Tropical Expo. Which opened Jan. 15th, and closed May 1st in the year of 1889.
Another small illustration from the same publication, shows the railroad directly to the right. Just about where this fade is placed.
The main building was 300 foot frontage, with 150 feet depth. Supplied throughout the grounds, was pure artesian water, steam power, electric lighting, and other conveniences to make the visit more comfortable.
Built on 40 acres, within reach of the City of Ocala.
All railroads interconnect on the grounds, for easy access.
It was a permanent exhibition of Pomological, Horticultural, and Agricultural products of Florida, with it's soils, timbers and live stock. With articles of general interests, from all States and Countries.